- SURETECH has been formulated to enable versatility in producing cost-effective high-end concrete and concrete products. It is ideally suited for blending with extenders such as fly ash (FA) and ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) and silica fume (CSF).
- It is ideal for high performance Precast, RMC, Civil, Building, Speciality and Proprietary products. Applications include concrete, grouts, precast products, shotcrete, masonry products specialist and proprietary application
SURETECH conforms to the 52,5 N strength class of SANS 50197-1 for common cements and, depending on source factory, is identified as:
- Portland Cement CEM I 52,5 N
- Portland Composite Cement CEM II/A-S 52,5 N
“CEM I” denotes the addition of between 0 and 5% minor addition constituent.“CEM II/A-S” denotes the addition of between 6 and 20% GGCS extender.
Storage of Bagged Cement
- Cement should be stored in a weatherproof shed or container
- It should be closely packed, away from doors and windows
- It should be packed off the floor, and on plastic
- It should be covered with a plastic sheet or tarpaulin
- It should be stored so as to ensure "first in - first out" use
- Do not stack bags more than 12 units high
- Do not stack more than two pallets high
- Pick up bags correctly to avoid injury
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Cement and cement paste are highly alkaline and chemical burns may occur
For more advice on cement contact PPC on 08000 236 368- SA only.
Important note: while all information in the calculator is supplied in good faith, no liability can be accepted by PPC as actual use is beyond its control.
If you need more technical or sales support, contact us on our toll-free hotline 0800 CEMENT (236 368).
SURECEM, (previously known as IDM) is an economical general purpose early strength cement that is ideal for concrete, mortar, plaster & bricks.
SUREBUILD is a premium multi-purpose cement that has been engineered to achieve consistent and appropriate performance in a wide range of products and applications.
SURETECH (previously known as OPC) is a superior high strength performance specialist cement that is ideal for precast, readymix, civil and specialty and proprietary products.
SUREWALL 22,5 X is a masonry cement made by PPC from high quality raw materials. Clinker is inter-ground with gypsum and an appropriate amount of limestone extender.
How to Guides
Episode 1 – How to lay a foundation
For all building projects to stand the test of time you must begin with a strong foundation. Introducing #BuildStrongerWithPPC a series in which we share our knowledge and experience using our premium quality, strength & techniques. #BuildStrongerWithPPCDownload PDF
Episode 2 - How to make bricks
When making bricks, using the strongest quality cement is extremely important. With PPC SURECAST which is designed for making bricks you not only get quality bricks, you also get more bricks per bag of cement & your bricks get that early strength that's needed. In Episode 2 of #BuildStrongerWithPPC we show you step by step how to make quality bricks.Download PDF
Episode 3 - How to build a brick wall
You’ve laid your foundation and your bricks are ready. Time to learn how to secure a perimeter with a brick wall that will stand the test of time. In episode 3 of #BuildStrongerWithPPC we show you how to build a brick wall with PPC SUREWALL in an informative, fun step by step manner. #TogetherWeAreStrongerDownload PDF
Episode 4 - How to plaster a wall
We have shown you how to lay a strong foundation, make quality bricks and build a durable wall. It’s time to finish off the basics as we show you how to plaster your brick wall using PPC SUREWALL #BuildStrongerWithPPC #TogetherWeAreStrongerDownload PDF
Episode 1 - How to build a braai stand
Craving Shisanyama for that Valentines Day braai you are planning? We have just the solution for you as we show you how to build a braai stand from scratch at home in our first step by step DIY episode.Download PDF
Episode 2 - How to build a walkway
Now that you have a braai stand, don’t trip over stones and drop the meat on your way back inside or let your bae twist her ankle. Take a step in the right direction & Follow our DIY step by step guide to laying a walkway for your home. #BuildStrongerWithPPC #TogetherWeAreStrongerDownload PDF
Episode 3 - How to build a concrete bench
You have a braai stand and a walkway, everything is coming together. Now everyone wants to come over but you have nowhere for them to sit. Don’t hurt your back from falling after trying to balance on bricks, build a concrete bench to conclude your home upgrades! #BuildStrongerWithPPC #TogetherWeAreStrongerDownload PDF